Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Review’s of The Momma Guide!

Review by ~The Mom Claire
“Momma” Where have You Been All My Life?!?!? I am a self help book junkie. I have every book on every topic you could possibly imagine, from conception to teenage years. If I have an issue I turn to a book because in that huge pile of books, the answer has to be somewhere, right??? The general consensus in all of those self help books is that you must be doing something wrong as a mother and your child is nuts. You have to read through chapters and chapters of nonsense until you come to this conclusion and then you feel just as helpless as you did before you even picked up the book. Does this sound like you?? If so then run, don’t walk, to get yourself a copy of The Momma Guide. Where has this book been all of my life?!?!?! I have never seen a book that covers everything, from conception to empty nesting. From what to cook for a holiday party to how to deal with your Teenager learning how to drive. This book is not only for birth mothers but for Step mothers, adoptive mothers, grandparents, fathers, caregivers, thinking about being mothers and everyone in between! This book is empowering and makes you feel like, Yes, you are a good parent and YES you can get through this!!! I love the inspirational quotes throughout the book and how the chapters are short, sweet and chock full of valuable information! Not only does it have a wealth of information on children but it has a wealth of information on things such as moving, saving money, and even starting your own business! The Momma Guide is truly a one stop book for everything you could possibly imagine! The only thing this book is missing is a “quick look up guide” in the back of the book but you can pretty much find what you are looking for in the “Contents” section in the front of the book. This past week my father went in for heart surgery and my husband had to go to the hospital for dangerously high blood pressure. I am a firm believer that you should always tell your children the truth when it comes to anything medical because they will feel less afraid if they know what to expect. None of the self help or child rearing books I have even touched the subject of heart issues but The Momma Guide devotes a full chapter to it. I was able to quickly read through the chapter (Chapter 18, Health Problems: The Heart) and explain to my 4 year old daughter just how the heart worked, what they were going to do to Daddy & Paw and what foods we are going to cook for them to help their hearts get healthy again. Then things got even cooler! I was able to then flip to Chapter 16 (Dealing with Stress, Anxiety & Depression) and get help for myself while dealing with all of these heart issues as well as know what to look out for with my dad & my husband. Just when you think, “WOW, this book really helped you through a rough patch” I yell, “Wait, there’s more!”. Not only was I able to look up information on the Heart, explain to my daughter what the heart does and what heart issues my father & husband were having, learn how to deal with my stress and anxiety over it, learn how to help them with their stress and anxiety, I was also able to turn to the Chapter on “Getting Fit” to help my husband loose the weight he needs to loose in order to bring his blood pressure down AND found some YUMMY recipes in the book to cook for these two men while they were recovering while all the wile using the inspirational sayings, reading the Chapter on making time for MOM and how to keep your child entertained for free. In one week time this one book answered all of my questions, gave me great advice and helped me through a difficult time. So I guess all that is left to say is… I am having a book sale, all of my self help books are for sale. I have no use for them now since I now have “The Momma Guide”. It really is a one stop shop for everything you could possibly imagine!!!! ** I received a copy of this book from one of the Authors for review. This is my own personal opinion of the book. ** http://themomclaire.blogspot.com/
The Momma Guide
The Momma Guide
Review by ~ Annie’s Home
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
The Momma Guide review
The momma guide for both mom and dads both is a guide book through several tips that may help make your trip as a parent easier. The author of The Momma Guide Traci Davis. Traci grew up on a farm in a time before the cell phones and video games. She grew up with a great sense of childhood. Now days Traci is a mommy, a rancher, business owner and worked as a first responder. With so many hats that Traci wore came skills, talents and knowledge that she would like to share.
Vicki Holleman Perez is the co-author of The Momma Guide. Vicki also grew up on a ranch and was a rodeo queen. Vicki is a mother of twins and has wore many hats being involved in various businesses and community positions.
The Momma Guide took a bit longer for Traci and Vicki to put together because they are moms. After all only moms who do what we do like playing outside with the kids, taking bike rides with the family or running moms cab around tab to take children where they need to go. Task that all great busy moms complete makes for great field work for the wonderful book Momma Guide.
There are 45 great chapters in The Momma Guide. Foruty Five great chapters that are packed full of tips for taking care of your children’s eating habits, your children’s needs as well as your own and as your kids get older there are even tips for that. Momma Guide is packed full of tips and tricks I am sure there is something that you have been looking for as well.
Posted by shopannies at http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2009/10/momma-guide-review.html
Traci Davis ~ The Go To Momma
Review by Hot deal Finder!
Traci Davis and Vicki Holleman-Perez have a hit! When I received The Momma Guide I started reading it expecting it to pertain mostly to moms with small children – Boy was I surprised!
This book covers an array of topics to make life easier, healthier and more organized! Excellent resource, not only moms, but for dads, grandparents, single men and women – practically everyone!
This book is more than a self-help guide – it is a desk reference for living a happier life! Highly recommended!
Get a copy for yourself by going to their website: www.TheMommaGuide.com posted at http://hotdealfinder.wordpress.com/category/reviews-recommendations-and-more/
The Momma Guide : Feature, Review and GiveawayNovember/15/2009 by ~ Mommy Perks
I recently met Traci Davis, co-author of “The Momma Guide,” through facebook (not through twitter! I know – shocking). She kindly mailed me a copy of her book to review. She has also offered to give one away!
*Simply comment below in order to enter – that’s it! One winner will be selected at random.org after November 25th (if you can’t wait to see if you win it, you can purchase the book here!)
This giveaway is now CLOSED. Comment #1 was selected at random.org. Congrats to Michelle F! Thanks to everyone who entered in support of “The Momma Guide!”
The Momma Guide is packed with all kinds of parenting tidbits. On the inside jacket it states: “P.S. – Dads, you should read this too.” Love it
This book covers a wide range of topics including (but not limited to):
Mother’s Day
Balancing life, work and family
Meal
Safety
Breast VS Bottle
Going Green
Death & Divorce
Cleaning
Parties
Gossip
Charities
Finances
An empty nest and MORE…
Chapter 42 offers an array of completely random tips. That cracked me up – some of them are quite funny. For instance, “Hairspray will remove blood and urine stains. Scrub with peroxide and cold water, then wash.” Okay – if hairspray contains ingredients that will rid a garment of blood or urine – what’s it doing to your HAIR? LOL (I don’t use hairspray…hmm. I’m glad for that now!)
When I was taking EDU courses, one of my teachers always had us read class related articles and books (yes, complete books). After each assignment she’d have us answer questions, offering insight about what we’d read. She called this “self refection” and insisted that it was the KEY to being a great teacher – the ability to act, look back and reflect. To make changes as needed and then to carry on, capable of learning from our mistakes and always believing that we could improve ourselves…and our methods. At first I thought it was nothing more than busy work. By the end of the semester, I realized I had learned more in her class than in ANY OTHER.
At the end of each chapter in “The Momma Guide” there is a little quiz/self reflection area. I would say this is my favorite aspect of the book. Reading is critical to being a great parent. The ability to reflect is what makes us even better.
Thanks, ladies! original post ~ http://www.mommyperks.com/vip/?p=3229
Another Great Review from fellow author!!!
Being an author, I have rave reviews for The Momma Guide! I purchased a copy and what a surprise I got!
We all know what the PDR is, right? It is the Physician’s Desk Reference. Well, The Momma Guide is my MDG, (Momma’s Desk Reference.} http://www.TheMommaGuide.com
The book is also for the husbands and partners as well. It follows a child through its entire life, including before birth to adulthood. You don’t even need a child at home to practice some of the things you will find in this book.
I bought one for my niece and gave it to her in the delivery room! She steadily reads at least a chapter a day (hard to do with two young children.) She is constantly telling me how much she appreciates the gift.
Have you ever had problems with your teen? The book has many topics that will help you out. What about blended families? Most of us know how difficult that can be.
My husband has had six strokes, diabetes, heart failure, and a lot more. This book actually helped me be able to diagnose a stroke and get him to the hospital. It also covers heart disease, diabetes, hypoglycemia, transplants, and even more health issues. After reading this, you may even be able to save someone’s life!
The book breaks down the problems by each age bracket. It is written to be easily understood, so no excuses. It is on sale now at Amazon, so go get you a copy! You will not regret it!
Debbie Davis
Rossville, Georgia
The Momma Guide
The Momma Guide

No comments: